Deadline: 14 May 2017
Open to: applicants from all over the world
Fellowship: a stipend of USD 60,000, health insurance, childcare allotment, allowance and domestic and international trips
The Mozilla Fellowship for Science is an opportunity to spend 10 months working with an institution (university or other academic affiliation) building open science projects that leverage the open web.
This is not your typical research grant or academic opportunity, it’s a chance to do something creative, splitting time between your own work, collaborative passion projects, as well as teaching and conference travel. Each of those activities is given equal weight during the fellowship, and you’ll receive support, financial and mentorial, throughout your tenure as a fellow. You’ll be joining a supportive community of fellows and alumni from our program as well as affiliate programs for the Open Web Fellows, contacts that will grow with you and continue to support you beyond the fellowship. Further, you’ll be joining the greater Mozilla network, and you’ll have the epic opportunity to work on the open tech affecting a broad community of web contributors and consumers and you’ll be a strong advocate for open science in that ecosystem.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- be currently employed at a research institution;
- have the ability to accept outside funds for this fellowship directly (i.e., not distributed through the institution);
- be an early-career researcher (i.e., graduate students, post-docs, research scientists, lecturers);
- specialize in scientific research: physical, life, social, library, or natural sciences;
- be able to travel;
- obtain support from their advisors. As fellows will be based at their home institutions, please note that a letter of support from their advisor is mandatory for consideration;
- have experience participating in open communities.
Fellows will receive:
- a stipend of 60,000 USD*, paid in 10 monthly installments;
- a one-time health insurance supplement for Fellows and their families, ranging from USD 3,500 for single Fellows to USD 7,000 for a couple with two or more children;
- a one-time childcare allotment of up to USD 6,000 for families with children;
- an allowance of up to USD 3,000 towards the purchase of laptop computer, digital cameras, recorders and computer software; fees for continuing studies or other courses, research fees or payments, to the extent such purchases and fees are related to the fellowship
- coverage in full for all approved fellowship trips – domestic and international
How to apply?
In order to apply please register here.
For more information please visit the official web page.