The International School of Medicine as a structural division of International University of Kyrgyzstan (IUK) occupies the medical campus of IUK that constitutes several study centers:
Students have opportunities to study at specialized facilities. Studies of theoretical and humanitarian disciplines are held in ISM headquarters (central administrative campus), while medicine-and-biology subjects are taught in the morphological center. Clinical disciplines and practical classes are conducted at specially organized academic centers of many medical institutions of the country and at the ISM Hospital.
INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF KYRGYZSTAN (IUK)
has several campuses which are located in various parts of Bishkek. The central unit of the university is situated in the heart of the city.
The central and west campuses of IUK are well equipped with a sufficient number of auditoriums, lecture halls, leisure facilities. Practical labs are well designed and have modern multimedia equipment.
The central Library of the University is located in this area allowing students to get almost all specific books and manuals needed for academic studies. Our Library is well supplied with academic books and also provides space for many other useful books that students may find interesting.
The central administration campus of ISM is situated a bit faraway from central IUK campus and includes the Administration Office with Rector`s and Vice Rectors` offices, Accounting Department, Academic Affairs Department, International Affairs Department, International Cooperation Center, Students` Affairs Department, Quality Department, PhD Department, Logistic Department and HR Department. Dean`s office is also located here to manage the educational process and handle any sort of students’ problems.
The left block of the 3rd floor is occupied by the Chair of Humanities, which includes Russian, Medical English and Medical Latin Language classes. The right block is the setting for International Affairs Department, International Cooperation Center and Students` Affairs Departments.
The left block of the 4th floor is the location of the Chair of Natural Sciences Disciplines.
The left block of 5th floor is for the Chair of Pathology and the right block is occupied by the Chair of Public Health and ISM Library.
In the undeground floor the ISM has a multimedia center, the Student Community, leisure rooms for music, dance, instrumental performance and reading room. Also the ISM offers a snack room for students.
The Morphological center is located not very far from the ISM administration campus. It is a university unit designed for delivering practical classes in the following fields:
It is an up-to-date big building with modern conveniences and many well-equipped classrooms, lecture halls, laboratories. Anatomical dissections, practical manipulations and presentations are conducted there. The inner yard of this setting has some buildings for laboratory research and a morgue.
Issyk-Kul regional campus is ISM structural division located in town of Cholpon-Ata on a shore of Issyk-Kul lake. The campus functions closely to the ISM campus in Bishkek and provides training of 5 years of MD Degree in General Medicine.
The administrative subdivisions and departments located in the Issyk-Kul campus also tightly coordinate their activities with ISM departments located at the Central Campus.
The campus’s training units are equipped with all the necessary teaching materials and techniques to ensure effective learning.
The campus functions in cooperation with medical institutions of Cholpon-Ata and Issyk-Kul region of Kyrgyzstan. In particular, with the Issyk-Kul hospital, the Family Medicine Center and the “Goluboy Issyk-Kul” rehabilitation clinic.
The campus infrastructure provides comfortable and safe stay for students, on the campus, there are cafes, a gym, a cinema, a student club.
Students of the ISM Issyk-Kul campus have the opportunity to guide active students and lead social life, along with active learning activities.
East Academic Campus is a structural unit of International School of Medicine. The campus is located in the east part of Bishkek. The campus coordinates its activity with Central Campus, which is located in Bishkek as well. The Campus provides 5 years of MD Degree program in General Medicine.
The Campus consists of Administration premises, ISM Dean’s office, International Affairs Department, Medical Clinic and Hostel for Students. The infrastructure of Campus and Medical Clinic includes a complete set of equipment and teaching tools, which is essential for training of medical students.
Since 2018, the ISM Hospital located in the center of Bishkek city started functioning as a part of the ISM. The ISM Hospital is a multidisciplinary specialized center that provides medical assistance to the people of Kyrgyzstan. The hospital has departments of surgery, general medicine, neurology, gynecology, cardiology, rehabilitation, a laboratory and an operation unit. Also the hospital has a center of simulation medicine equipped in line with modern standards. The ISM Hospital is a university hospital, which serves as the basis for training of ISM students in addition to providing medical services.
The work of the university hospital is based on the principles of adherence to international standards for ensuring the quality of medical services. The staff of the clinic includes currently functioning ISM staff and practicing doctors with extensive experience in practical healthcare.
The ISM Hospital is the first university ISM clinic to function within the ISM development program for the years 2018 - 2021. It is planned to create two more university multidisciplinary clinics in the city of Bishkek, as well as multidisciplinary university clinics in the regional centers of the Nation, including the cities of Tokmok, Cholpon-Ata, Karakol, Osh.
The Simulation Medical Center (SMC) of the ISM is an independent structural unit of the university where educational and practical activities are carried out in accordance with the requirements of the state educational standard of medical education of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The SMC was created by the decision of the ISM Academic Council (Minutes of the meeting dated12.01.2018). The purpose of the Simulation Center has been to improve the quality of professional training of students (and residents), to develop and improve special medical skills and skills based on the use of modern simulation training tools and virtual (computer) simulators that create the reality of the clinical situation.
The main tasks of Simulation Medicine Center (SMC) are:
- Incorporation in the educational process of innovative high-tech training modules (simulation phantoms, virtual simulators, simulators / simulation training tools), as well as practice-oriented simulative training methods;
- organization and ensuring of a high level of practical professional skills mastering and development on phantoms, simulators / simulation training tools in accordance with the approved program of specialties of higher and postgraduate professional education;
- enhancement of practical training quality for ISM students, the training of professionally competent specialists able and ready to apply his/her knowledge and practical skills in a critical situation;
- control of efficiency, quality of formation and improvement of practical professional competence on the basis of performing situational tasks and conducting practical examinations;
- study and implementation of the best practices of medical schools to improve the quality of teaching practical professional skills.
- the organization and implementation at the modern level of educational and research based methodical work aimed at developing the properly regulated professional knowledge and skills in students in accordance with the educational standards of higher professional medical education.
The center occupies a separate block of premises in the educational building No. 2 (Fuchik str., 34) with an area of 230 m2. It is equipped with advanced high-tech equipment - the anatomical table of "Pirogov", which allows to training in "Anatomy" at a high level.
The training equipment of the Center is represented by mannequins, models, medical simulators, regular simulators.
The Center provides its settings and capacities to all clinical departments of the ISM, which have incorporated training simulation course in the existing curricula.
Practical classes are conducted in the following areas: "emergency medicine", "nursing care", "pediatrics - emergency care, childcare", "anesthesiology and resuscitation", "surgery", "obstetrics and gynecology."
The main activities of the SMC:
- ensuring necessary conditions for mastering and consolidating basic practical skills by students (and residents) and improving manual skills;
- conducting short-term educational practical courses and thematic cycles of enhancing professional skills, participating in the system of continuous medical education.
SMC development priorities:
- increasing the attractiveness and effectiveness of educational activities (courses, thematic improvements, master classes, Olympiads) for ISM students, as well as for students of other universities;
- interaction with Russian and foreign colleagues for sharing experience, improving the methodology of simulation training.