For applying to the PhD program for Doctorate Degree in 2017-2018
Specialty: “Public Health”
- Requirements for candidates:
- Written application addressed to the Rector of IHSM;
- Validation of planned PhD thesis coordinated by a local or foreign scientific consultant;
- Passport with copy;
- Previous education documents (Diploma) with copy;
- Copy of foreign languages certificate (if available);
- List of scientific and methodological researches (if available) ;
- 6 photos, size 3×4 cm;
- Health certificate (form №086-У);
- Employment history.
- Candidate must pass entrance examination on:
- One of the foreign languages (applicant’s choice);
- Applicants completed foreign language program above entrance mark will be free from entrance examination of foreign language.
4. Re-examination is not allowed.
5. Apprenticeship is 3 years with full-time studies.
6. PhD program training on contractual basis
7. Previous education requirements:
Candidates must have a “Master’s degree” or higher professional education with “Specialist” award.
Address: Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek, 1f, Intergelpo street, 2nd floor, room 210, PhD Department
Phone: 0556163057; 0312653991 (after 2 pm).
Deadline for submission of documents:
From July 1, 2017 – until August 26, 2017.
Date of entrance examination:
From August 28 – until September 5, 2017.
List of examination questions for admission to PhD studies on specialty 14.02.03 – Public health (2017 – 2018)
- PUBLIC HEALTH
- The definition of public health as a science.
- Modern issues of public health and health care in the world.
- The National Health Care Reform Program “Den Sooluk” for 2012-2016. Its goal, objectives, directions and key indicators.
- The health determinants. Social determinants of health.
- Fundamentals of state regulation in the field of health.
- Health care system and its components. Subjects of health care.
- Guaranteed package of free health services.
- State control and supervision in the field of health.
- State Sanitary and Epidemiological Supervision.
- The sanitary and epidemiological requirements.
- Education in the field of public health.
- State control in the field of medicinal products, medical devices and medical equipment.
- Sources of financial support of the health care system.
- Information in the field of health.
- Forms of health care.(Pre-hospital medical care; qualified medical care; specialized medical care; highly specialized medical care; medical and social aid; primary health care; Consultative and diagnostic services; Inpatient care, Ambulance medical services; Sanitary Aviation, Health care for emergency situations; Rehabilitation, palliative care and nursing)
- Organization of primary health care (PHC).The general practitioner / family physician in primary care.
- Types of morbidity. Their medical and social aspects, and study technique.
- Types of examinations in the field of health care (Examination of quality of medical services; Examination of a temporary invalidity; Military-medical examination; Medicolegal, forensic-psychiatric and judicial and narcological examinations; Sanitary and epidemiologic examination; Examination of medicines, products of medical appointment and medical equipment; Scientific and medical examination)
- Citizens’ health protection. Guarantee of the rights of health care. The rights of citizens. The rights of children.
- The duties of citizens, individual entrepreneurs and legal entities.
- Patients’ rights. Duties of patients.
- The right to refuse in medical treatment. Providing medical assistance without the consent of citizens.
- Medical secret.
- Health insurance.
- The World Health Organization, the structure, main activities.
- Disease prevention, the goal, objectives, type s, characteristic of each type.
- The definition of epidemiology as a science and as an independent section
- The epidemiological approach to the study of human diseases.
- The doctrine of the epidemic process. The origin of infectious diseases and their classification.
- Regularities of formation of the epidemic process. Ways of transmission of infectious diseases
- Social and environmental factors of the epidemic process.
- The main historical landmarks of Epidemiology
- Epidemiological surveillance of infectious diseases. Organization of epidemiological supervision: Principles and Practice.
- The content of anti-epidemic activities and the basis of its organization
- Immunization as prevention of Infectious Diseases. Immunobiological preparations
- Hospital Epidemiology. Control of nosocomial infections. The relevance and significance of the problem of hospital infections.
- Disinfection measures as one of the areas of anti-epidemic activities
- Organization of sanitary protection of the territory against the introduction of quarantine and other infectious diseases.
- Risk factors and etiology and socio-economic consequences of chronic diseases.
- Types of epidemiological studies. Classification.
- Clinical epidemiology, definition. Principles of clinical epidemiology.
- Types of clinical trial design (parallel, crossover, factorial and serial).
- Epidemiology of chronic diseases and New Public Health
- Health promotion. Medical activity of the population. The concept of a healthy lifestyle.
- The concept of “Health evidence-based” (EBM).World experience of development of EBM. Four steps in EBM.
- Systematic error.
- The concept of “systematic review”, the qualitative systematic review.
- Databases of medical information, EBM. Cochrane electronic
- The definition of “meta-analysis”, the purpose of application meta-analysis.
- National clinical guidelines.
- Randomized controlled trial (RCT).
- Cohort study. Benefits and disadvantages
- What is a blind research?
- The criteria for the effectiveness of treatment.
- Principles of the organization of health care workers of industrial enterprises.
- Issues of the organization of periodic and preliminary medical examinations of workers of industrial enterprises.
- Modern classification of industrial poisons and diseases.
- Issues of early detection and prevention of occupational diseases (intoxications).
- Issues of medical and social care provision at occupational diseases.
- General issues of occupational diseases, legal and regulatory framework to combat work-related diseases.
- Application of SWOT- analysis in the health care system.
- Health economics: goals, objectives, methods, basic direction.
- Health Management, purpose, objectives. Principles of management, control as a process of management cycle.
- The principles of management according to international standards.
- The main methods of social health studies.
- Information and educational programs to promote a healthy lifestyle for the population. Their goals, objectives, mechanisms of implementation.
- Medical demography: basic definitions and concepts. The role and importance of demographic indicators for the assessment of health, medical and social well-being and health care system(mortality, fertility and natural growth, maternal and infant mortality).
- Maternal and infant mortality, the main causes of maternal and infant mortality in Kyrgyzstan. Maternal and child health.
- Principles and methods of studying morbidity and its main groups. Accepted forms of morbidity statistics.
- The definition of Statistics, as a science, one of the main tools of public health. The concept of medical and health statistics.
- The concept of a general population. Types of sampling and their use. The concept of distribution.
- Descriptive statistics and evidence.
- Statistical sampling. Types of statistical samples. Requirements for them
- Principles and approaches to the planning of statistical analysis. Steps statistical analysis and its elements.
- The structure and capabilities of analysis provided in MS Excel.
- Variation ranks. Determination and technique for constructing statistical range. Main features of variations and parameters.
- Tabular and graphical content. Concepts and definitions, principles and methods of construction, the use of statistical studies.
- Time series. Types, concepts and definitions, basic statistics and methods of analysis.
- Standard deviation. Determination and significance, properties and application in Statistics analysis.
- Standard error of the mean. Role, properties and the use in the statistical analysis.
- Measures of central tendency. Properties and their use.
- Parametric and nonparametric statistical analysis and criteria (basic concepts and definitions).
- The statistical probability and reliability: definitions and concepts; most common methods for determining their positive and negative features.
- Student t-test: concept and application methods and conditions.
- Correlation: concept and application methods and conditions.
- Regression: concept and application methods and conditions.
- ANOVA: concept and application methods and conditions
- Public Health and Health Care: Textbook / ed. VA Minyaev, NI Vishnjakov. – 5th ed. Revised. and add. – M .: MED press-inform, 2009. – 656 p.
- TH Tulchinsky, Varavikova EA New public health. Introduction to modern science. – Jerusalem, 1999. – S. 669-717.
- Wallace / Maxcy-Rosenau-Last. Public Health & Preventive Medicine. – McGraw-Hill, 2008. – p. 55-77, 1267-1284.
- Alma Ata conference on primary health care. // WHO Chronicle. 179. T. 33. №3
- Aday L.A., Begley C.E., Slater C.H. Evaluating the medical care system: Effectiveness, Efficiency, and Equity. Ann Arbor MI: Health Administration Press, 1993.
- Krichagina VI Where, when and who need a family doctor. // Medicine and Health: An overview. M., 1989.
- Starodubov VI, Kalinin AA , Shlyafner SI Primary health care: state and development prospects. – M.: Medicine, 2007. – 264 p.
- Topics / Subtopics:
- Describing instruments, specific materials, experiments. Reading.
- Topic of research: methods, relevance, significance.
- Recent developments in science and medicine. International conference.
- Mental and ethical methods in modern society. Scientific etiquette: referring to sources, reporting information, avoiding plagiarism.
- Science and education. Competencies of PhD student.
- Topics on epidemiology, pathophysiology, treatment and prevention of communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Degrees of comparison
- Linking words and phrases
- Tenses. Passive/active voice
- Infinitive, participle, gerund
- Conditional sentences
- Word formation
- Emphatic structures
- Modal verbs
- Attribute groups
- Rukov N., Shahova N.:Learn to Read Science. English for aspirants:
- Michelson T.:Workbook on Grammar in English.
- Michelson T. Tutorial for scientific workers for development of oral speech skills: English.
- Rubtsova M. Full course of English, teach-yourself book.
- Socolov S. Reading of scientific texts and oral speech in English.
- Savinova E. Dictionary for reading of scientific literature in English.
- Yablochkov T. Handbook of international scientific conferences participant: English.
- Stupin L. Scientific conference: Russian-English phrasebook.
- Multimedia English Platinum.
- Multimedia Diamond
- Multimedia Ignatova T. English for communications.
- Multimedia encyclopedia Britannica
- www.о up.com/elt/global/products/headway