For applying to the PhD program for Doctorate Degree in 2017-2018
Specialty: “Public Health”
- Requirements for candidates:
- Written application addressed to the Rector of ISM;
- Validation of planned PhD thesis coordinated by a local or foreign scientific consultant;
- Passport with copy;
- Previous education documents (Diploma) with notarized copy;
- Copy of foreign languages certificate (if available);
- List of scientific and methodological researches (if available) ;
- 6 photos, size 3,5×4,5 cm;
- Health certificate (form №086-У);
- Employment history.
- Candidate must pass entrance examination on:
- One of the foreign languages (applicant’s choice);
- Interview on the substantiation of the planned research.
- Applicants completed foreign language program above entrance mark will be free from entrance examination of foreign language.
4. Re-examination is not allowed.
5. Apprenticeship is 3 years with full-time studies.
6. PhD program training on contractual basis
7. Previous education requirements:
Candidates must have a “Master’s degree” or higher professional education with “Specialist” award.
Address: Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek, 1f, Intergelpo street, 2nd floor, room 210, PhD Department
Phone: 0556163057; 0312653991 (after 2 pm).
Deadline for submission of documents:
From November 1, 2017 – until December 26, 2017.
Date of entrance examination:
From December 28 – until January 5, 2018.
List of examination questions for admission to PhD studies on specialty 14.02.03 – Public health (2017 – 2018)
- PUBLIC HEALTH
- Health as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being.
- The concept of human rights. Human rights: civil, political, economic, social, and cultural.
- The essence of the reform “Manas,” “Manas Taalimi” program and the “Den-Sooluk”.
- Determinants of health, their classification
- Regulations on family planning and management of human reproductive function in KR
- Objectives of Health Economics as a science
- Measurement of quality of life
- The health insurance organizations (CHIOs) and CHI Fund (HIF), functions and tasks. Models of the organization of CHI in Kyrgyzstan.
- Fundamental principles of management.
- Quality of Life Index QALI. Indicators included in QALI
- Ethical dimensions of public health
- Differences of compulsory and voluntary health insurance
- QALI in Kyrgyzstan according to the Economist Intelligence Unit.
- Medical Services. Classification of medical services. Standard and individual health care services
- Basic concepts of control theory: subjects and objects of management methods and control mechanisms; management objectives, control parameters
- Health risk-factors
- Primary care
- Marketing in health care
- Determinants of quality of life
- Health policy and planning issues
- Insurance risk and insurance case
- The basic components of quality of life
- Statistics of live birth
- Sources of financing health care. Mechanisms of functioning of the health system
- Measurement of quality of life
- Migration and Health
- Two forms of providing health care to citizens
- The quality of life in medicine
- The principles of the compulsory health insurance. The health insurance organizations (CHIOs) and CHI Fund (HIF), functions and tasks. Models of the organization of CHI in Kyrgyzstan
- Service as a main economic category. Economic characteristics of health services
- Methodology for assessing the quality of life. SF-36
- Statistical data on births, Statistics of live birth and fertility
- Hospital as an organization. The model of medical institutions
- Demography as a science. Population pyramid
- Technology of Medical examinations: – initial medical examinations; – Periodic medical examinations; – Targeted medical examinations
- Field methods of market research
- Statistical indicators of mortality. Infant mortality
- Comparison of the strategic and operational management
- Poverty and health. Inverse care law
- Medical demography. Trends in the statistical reproduction of the population
- Market surveys of consumers. The choice of a method of interrogation. Justification of the sample size
- Fundamental principles of management
- Morbidity as a component of a comprehensive assessment of public health. Sources of information about the disease. Accounting for morbidity. Accounting forms of disease
- Physical development – an indicator of health
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Public Health and Health Care: Textbook / ed. VA Minyaev, NI Vishnjakov. – 5th ed. Revised. and add. – M .: MED press-inform, 2009. – 656 p.
- TH Tulchinsky, Varavikova EA New public health. Introduction to modern science. – Jerusalem, 1999. – S. 669-717.
- Wallace / Maxcy-Rosenau-Last. Public Health & Preventive Medicine. – McGraw-Hill, 2008. – p. 55-77, 1267-1284.
- Alma Ata conference on primary health care. // WHO Chronicle. 179. T. 33. №3
- Aday L.A., Begley C.E., Slater C.H. Evaluating the medical care system: Effectiveness, Efficiency, and Equity. Ann Arbor MI: Health Administration Press, 1993.
- Krichagina VI Where, when and who need a family doctor. // Medicine and Health: An overview. M., 1989.
- Starodubov VI, Kalinin AA , Shlyafner SI Primary health care: state and development prospects. – M.: Medicine, 2007. – 264 p.
- Topics / Subtopics:
- Describing instruments, specific materials, experiments. Reading.
- Topic of research: methods, relevance, significance.
- Recent developments in science and medicine. International conference.
- Mental and ethical methods in modern society. Scientific etiquette: referring to sources, reporting information, avoiding plagiarism.
- Science and education. Competencies of PhD student.
- Topics on epidemiology, pathophysiology, treatment and prevention of communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Degrees of comparison
- Linking words and phrases
- Tenses. Passive/active voice
- Infinitive, participle, gerund
- Conditional sentences
- Word formation
- Emphatic structures
- Modal verbs
- Attribute groups
- Rukov N., Shahova N.:Learn to Read Science. English for aspirants:
- Michelson T.:Workbook on Grammar in English.
- Michelson T. Tutorial for scientific workers for development of oral speech skills: English.
- Rubtsova M. Full course of English, teach-yourself book.
- Socolov S. Reading of scientific texts and oral speech in English.
- Savinova E. Dictionary for reading of scientific literature in English.
- Yablochkov T. Handbook of international scientific conferences participant: English.
- Stupin L. Scientific conference: Russian-English phrasebook.
- Multimedia English Platinum.
- Multimedia Diamond
- Multimedia Ignatova T. English for communications.
- Multimedia encyclopedia Britannica
- www.о up.com/elt/global/products/headway