Since its establishment, till date, International School of Medicine has been a training center with high standards in the fields of science, medicine, and scientific research gaining reputation not only in Kyrgyzstan but also in South-East Asia.
ISM’s Scientific objective has been prioritized correlating the theme of medical science and health care, “The physiological and pathological aspects of the Human body”.
RESEARCH ASPECTS OF ISM
- To study the pathogenesis, modernization of the methods of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of major diseases in children and adults.
- To develop and implement the methods of diagnosis and treatment of surgical pathologies.
- To develop and improve the diagnosis and treatment of acute surgical diseases of the thorax, abdomen, and pelvis, including latest endosurgical procedures.
- To develop and implement the methods of diagnosis and early detection of infectious diseases, including research in the field of microbiology and immunology.
- To study the pathogenesis and to develop the criteria for the effective diagnosis and treatment of infectious and endocrine diseases by the respective departments.
- To understand the physiology and pathogenesis of adaptation in the fields of molecular genetics and population genetics, and to analyze the risk of genetic and multifactorial diseases.
- To introduce the new technologies in the educational process, as well as in the theoretical foundation of universal competence, in the teachings of the humanities.
STUDENT RESEARCH PROJECTS
- The first conference was made successful with 7 major abstracts, and among them, “the study on the social and living conditions of the international students of ISM,” made by Dr. Muddasir Mohammed Ghouse was given the First place award. Later this abstract was officially presented at the “International Young Medical Scientists Conference” held in the United Arab Emirates, where it was awarded Second place.
- Dr. Ghouse was further recommended, for the admission into the course, Masters of Public Health (USA).
- The second conference held in May 2011, highlighted four abstracts by our students, of which the one prepared by Dr. Zeeshan Ali under the name “The factors contributing the health of the students of ISM” was presented at the ISCOMS conference, Netherlands’11 because of which he was given admission in the succeeding research program.
- Later Dr.Ali was recommended by the Head of the Public Health Department Dr. Djumalieva A.A. to the epidemiological research program in Groningen, Netherlands.
- The young scientists conference held at the KSMA (10-12 April 2012) in the memory of Daniyarov S.B, was represented by student of ISM, Ahmad Hassan. He presented a project on the “Features and drawbacks in the adaptation of foreign students in the universities of Kyrgyzstan” and won a special prize. Later he was recommended for the admission into the MA course in Germany.
- With the initiative of Djumalieva A.A, the former head of the Public Health department, four final year students: Ahmad Hassan, Thippa Kuppuram Eshvari, Thippa Kuppuram Vaishnavi and Praveen Kumar Jadhav took part in the forum of international students, held from 17 to 19 April 2012, in The Kaznm university, Almaty.
- The students of the ISN-TUNDUK in cooperation with UNAIDS, organized an inter university conference on HIV/AIDS theme.
- 1300 students from all over the world participated in the Model United Nations Conference initiative of UN in April, 2013which helps to understand the structure and function of United Nations. Among top 15 students Ammar Younas got a full scholarship. Certificate of Scholarship was awarded at FAO, UN Headquarters in Rome, Italy.
- More than 400 International students and 900 Italian students participated in this conference which made it one of the largest International Student Conferences. This conference was attended by Dr. Younas while representing IUK, 6 Kyrgyz Students from AUCA, 1 Kyrgyz Student from Germany and 1 Kyrgyz student from USA.
- State Medical University of Novosibirsk (Russia) hold the International Scientific-Practical conference among the students and scientists “Morphological science – the basic Foundation of practical medicine” dedicated to the memory of Professor M. I. Subbotin which took place on 8-9 December 2016 and the second International student`s Olympiad on morphology: anatomy and histology which was held on 10 December 2016 in Novosibirsk city.
Employees of ISM published a total of 96 scientific and methodological publications including 7 monographs and 2 manuals.
Some of our publications appeared in the internationally renowned indexed magazineslike the Skopus, the Web of science etc.