The Department of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology was established in September 2008 on the basis of Department of special clinical disciplines.
Head of chair is MD, Professor Alekseev Vladimir Petrovich.
The chair includes the following curricular disciplines:
- Introduction to Pediatrics,
- Infant diseases, or Pediatrics,
- Course of Acute and Chronic Child diseases
- Infant infectious diseases
The aim of studying Pediatrics is to promote:
- Formation of communication skills that will facilitate the clinical interaction with children, adolescents and their families.
- Development of competency in the physical examination of infants, children and adolescents.
- Acquisition of the knowledge necessary for the diagnosis and initial management of common children illnesses.
- Ø Advance of clinical problem-solving skills.
- Ø An understanding of the influence of family, community and society on the child in health and disease.
- Ø Comprehension of strategies for health promotion as well as diseases and injury prevention.
- Ø Development of the attitudes and professional behavior appropriate for clinical practice.
The care of the child and the treatment of his illness essentially differ from the approaches used in medicine for adults. For the child there are characteristic anatomic, physiological, morphological, emotional and immunological immaturity which defines feature of current and an outcome of disease. The child organism constantly grows and develops. As growing child’s reaction to surrounding, his food needs, ability to resist to infections and to take various diseases essentially changes.
Hence, the correct estimation of the laboratory tests and understanding of an originality of children pathology are possible according to deep knowledge of anatomical-physiological features of a growing organism of the child. There is necessary the knowledge of laws of children’s physical, psychological development for the correct organization of day regimen, care and feeding and diseases prevention.
Obstetrics and Gynecology forms the one of the main sections of general medicine.
The aim of studying Obstetrics and Gynecology is to promote
- Study the main methods of examinations of the pregnant women, women who recently confined newborns and gynecological patients.
- Use practical knowledge for conduction clinical analysis of symptoms of pathological conditions during pregnancy, delivery process and gynecological diseases;
- Gain experience in statement of the diagnosis and treatment.
Department has its own lecture halls. Practical lessons are conducted in the leading clinics of Bishkek as National Center of Maternal and Childhood Welfare, Bishkek City’s Children Clinical Hospital and Ambulance, Clinical maternity hospital No 3, 4, 6, and Republic Clinical Infection Hospital.
Staff of department of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology
Scientific degree, Position
|Introduction to Pediatrics||Isakova F.B.||Assistant|
|Beishebaeva N.A.||M.D., assistant|
|2||Pediatrics||Alekseev V.P.||M.D., Professor, Head of Chair|
|Najimidinova G.T.||M.D, associate professor|
|Lobzova A.V.||M.D, assistant|
|3||Obstetrics||Seitova R.D.||M.D, associate professor|
|Eshalieva A.S.||M.D, associate professor|
|Kibets E.A.||M.D, assistant|
|5||Infant infectious diseases||Vasikova S.G.||Assistant|
|Suvanbekov A.A.||M.D, associate professor|
EDUCATION (academic background)
Basic education of department’ assistants is graduation from Kyrgyz State Medical Institute (now – Academy), Kyrgyz –Russian Slavic University
Department’s assistants have certificates of Kyrgyz State Medical Institute of Postgraduate Education by “Pedagogic and psychology of High School”, Courses of “Actual questions of pediatrics”, the training course on “Anesthesiology and reanimation”, the seminar “Actual questions of gynecology”, Courses “Basis of evidence-based medicine”, “The integrating of the help to HIV-infected child”.
Assistants of Department regularly improve professional skills on different trainings – in
- Medical training Kansas City, USA;
- Partnership training, Rino, Nevada, USA;
- Salzburg medical seminars, Austria;
- Russia, Moscow;
- Training Program JICA, Japan, Tokyo;
- The European School for Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health, Trieste, Italy;
- Infant and Young Child Feeding, Istanbul, Turkish and etc.
Their clinical experience assistants confirm in the main clinics of Bishkek such as National center of maternal and childhood welfare, City’ Maternity hospital #3, 4 and 6, Children clinical hospital and ambulance #3, Republic Clinical Infection Hospital and private clinics.
Department of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology is united 1 professor and 7 assistants have scientific degree. 4 of them are associate professor.
Researches have been completed:
- “Condition of gastrointestinal tract of children with atopic dermatitis”
- “The risk factors of congenital anomalies formation”
- “Clinical and epidemiological features of chronic viral hepatitis B among pregnant women”
- “Management of pregnancy, labor and postpartum period of women with diseases of veins of lower extremities”
Researches are working:
- “Clinical features of rotavirus infection in children.”
- “Prostitution tolerance as medical and social problem”
- “Life Quality of women after hysteromyoma extraction”
- “Medical and social aspects of Life Quality of children and adolescents suffered Diabetes Mellitus type 1”
More than 40 publications have published in the last 5 years by assistants about actual problems of children diseases and women conditions in local and foreign scientific journals and magazines.
Department workers have published 2 guidelines for students of IHSM as “Course of selected lectures by Reanimatology and Intensive Care” and “Introduction to Pediatrics”.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
Department Assistants are members of professional societies as
- Association of Pediatricians of Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyz Association of obstetricians-gynecologists and neonatologists
- Open Medical Club (association of alumni of Salzburg seminars)