INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, established in 2003, was made a part of the International University of Kyrgyzstan according to the Kyrgyz Republic’s Government resolution # 60 dated 05.02.2004 as a currently operating higher school of education. At present, the school has about 3000 students, mostly from Central and South Asia. Only citizens of foreign countries are trained in ISM: India, Pakistan, South Korea, USA, Afghanistan, Japan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Turkey, Great Britain, Russia, Ukraine and Syria. In this regard, the training is conducted in English.
The basic mission of the school is:
- to train highly qualified specialists, conduct scientific research in medicine of the mountains, and provide health services to the people of the Kyrgyz Republic and neighboring countries. Training at ISM is conducted with the most up-to-date educational technologies used to ensure highly efficient training of doctors. ISM’s primary goal is to produce highly qualified doctors able to successfully work in any part of the globe.
Currently, the International School of Medicine of IUK is a modern university with an extensive infrastructure, which trains students on a recognized educational program of international level.
The International School of Medicine of IUK is an official state educational institution with the license from Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic for health education in General Medicine. Duration of studies is 5 years. (Official license No.LD 170000949).
The International School of Medicine is officially registered at:
- World Health Organization (WHO –http://www.who.int/hrh/wdms)
- Institute for International Medical Education (IIME – http://www.iime.org/database)
- Foundation for advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER – imed.faimer.org)
- Organisation for PhD education in Biomedicine and Health Sciences in the European System (ORPHEUS – http://www.orpheus-med.org)