Science in the modern world makes a significant contribution to many sectors and spheres of society.
From the moment of its foundation, the International Higher School of Medicine, as a research and educational institution of a new generation, is gradually transforming into an international center for the training of medical, scientific and pedagogical personnel, both for Kyrgyzstan and the countries of Southeast Asia. The priority of the scientific activity of IHSM is the study of the Kyrgyzstan population’s health: the environmental impact in a changing climate.
The faculty of the IHSM consists of 218 full-time and 188 part-time employees. For the period 2003-2020 by the faculty of the IHSM more than 40 scientific research papers for the degree of candidate and doctor of science were approved, annual scientific and practical conferences with international participation are held, more than 2,000 scientific and scientific-methodical works are published in domestic and foreign publications, including more than 40 monographs and educational manuals stamped by the Ministry of Education and Science.
IHSM is a grant holder of TEMPUS and ERASMUS programs, and its pilot project for the implementation of PhD doctoral studies is being successfully implemented.
The main structural divisions of the scientific part of IHSM are:
• Research and analytical department. The department carries out planning, organizing, coordinating the research activities of the faculty and students of the IHSM, and also coordinates the research work with other scientific institutions, universities and public health institutions.
• Postgraduate research sector (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic on the opening of postgraduate studies office in IHSM No. 1392/1, dated November 13, 2018), which implements training programs for scientific and scientific-pedagogical personnel in the following specialties: surgery, pediatrics, infectious diseases, therapy, obstetrics and gynecology , physiology, pathological physiology, public health and healthcare.
• Dissertation councils of the Higher Attestation Commission of the Kyrgyz Republic. There are 2 dissertation councils for the defense of doctoral and master's theses in the following areas: infectious diseases, hygiene, epidemiology; physiology, pathological physiology; rehabilitation medicine, sports medicine, physiotherapy, balneology and physiotherapy
• The editors of the Eurasian Medical Journal
• Publishing Council
• Integrated Research Center
The employees of the department deal with issues related to research activities, the conditions for admission and postgraduate studies, the publication of articles in leading scientific publications, and the publication of educational issues.